On the one hand, I agree with Obama's stance on some social issues. However, I question his method of addressing them. I am unconvinced the Federal Government is the ultimate solution. What will prevent the additional money, gained by (possible) future taxation of the nation's top earners, from getting sucked into the void of irresponsible Congressional spending?

Neither have a strong, consistent policy on drugs. Decriminalization is the first primary defense against drug abuse. Both rely on outdated methods: tougher laws, more counseling, etc. Statistically, neither the liberals nor the conservatives got it right.

McCain is against a woman's right to choose abortion. That's a no-no.

I'm not sure about either's policy on energy. Nuclear energy is cleaner. However, there are other alternatives I heard neither candidate address. Drilling ANWR is a short term solution to a long term problem. Talk of windmills reminds me of Don Quixote. I suppose I'll have to read more on the issue.

On the other hand, I liked the "maverick" McCain's performance in rebellion against the G.O.P., until the last three-four years. He took a stand against the conservative status quo, then seemingly reversed his stance in preparation for a presidential bid.

I am unsure who has the more realistic foreign policy. I see problems with both of them. Yet one of them is better because they have different points of view. McCain and the White House criticized Obama's stance on Pakistan, yet months later the White House did as Obama suggested.

Both used funny math with regard to the economy, yet one policy must be better than the other. It is the difference between a solid stool and diarrhea; yet I'd rather have a solid than the runs.

McCain, on the other hand, confused Iran for Iraq and did not know the location of Pakistan. I find it difficult to accept a pro war position from a presidential candidate who does not know the location of the country in question. If you want to go to war with a nation, you should know where they are!

I choose to ignore the propaganda from both sides. Forget the rhetoric "Obama has no experience" or "McCain represents more of the same." Both are able and accomplished politicians. Are either of them qualified to be President? I don't know. Regardless, they are all we have. I guess I'll read and reread and rereread the information on both candidates, and in November have a coin toss.

0 comments