Abba?

Posted by Jay | 8/19/2008 05:40:00 AM | , , | 0 comments »

Last night my girlfriend told me about an article she read relating to Barack Obama and John McCain. Here's a brief reenactment of the conversation.

Jami "*...heh....*"
Me "What?"
Jami "*silence*"
Me "No, really. What are you reading?"
Jami "An article about Obama and McCain."
Me "Yeah, what?"
Jami "It's an article....about the candidate's top five songs. McCain's top two are ABBA....."
Me "........."

The conversation ended with me placing The Trial and Death of Socrates down, followed by a self righteous rant against the over abundance of inanity in American media. Why does it matter what songs a presidential candidate enjoys most? Why do people concern themselves with the latest Britney Spears fiasco than with the the Russia/Georgia conflict?

Then it hit me. I was equally horrified by something else. With all of the great music available, why would McCain's top two be ABBA?

0 comments