Economic Placebo Package

Posted by Jay | 2/19/2008 08:18:00 PM | , | 0 comments »

Yay.

Dub'ya signed a bill giving us $300-$1200 of our own money. In order to get the money you need to file a 2007 tax return. You need a social security number. Great. No argument from me.

Tax breaks for business owners? Sounds wise. Tax breaks for those dumbasses who bought homes they couldn't afford? Bush and Congress are losing me. Giving my tax money to people whom earn so little money they didn't pay tax? I'm lost.

Yes I know. "Jayson don't you care about veterans and old people?" Naturally. I care that our representatives create responsible legislation to protect the needs and interests of such groups. I want the federal government to stop fucking our veterans and provide the benefits and thereapy earned by defending our republic. I want the elderly to receive every dollar they contributed during their years in the workkforce.

However, I do not want my money freely given to children. I do not want my money given to people whom choose to work part-time. Bag boys? No money. Waiters? No money. If you choose to work in a job which pays under $3000, you do NOT deserve my money.

I work 40+ hours a week. Throughout that year the state and federal government takes my money. At the end of the year I owe more money.

Now the government is telling me it's justifiable for some bastard to work five hours a week, go to their mom's basement, and play nintendo? What the fuck? Here you go loser. Here's some money.

No, I'm the loser. Why work when I can collect handouts? Wellfare, here I come!

The idea is to get people to spend. The government hopes the money will burn a hole in our pockets and make us buy flat screen televisions.

Why is the national deficit so high? Why are so many people in debt? Irresponsible spending. The economic placebo package will cost $168 billion. The government will borrow this money. THEY WILL BORROW MONEY....TO GIVE US MONEY.....WE ALREADY GAVE THEM....TO SPEND AGAIN!

Great. The economy tanked because morons bought houses without educating themselves prior. Bankers, the greedy bastards they are (of course a free-market economy cannot survive without some greed), took advantage of the dumbasses.

No money down! Sign today! You too can become a home owner!!

Then the interest rates rose. Payments doubled. Houses were foreclosed.

Instead of aid in the form of education and refinancing, the bankers took the property. Of course the property was useless to them. Why? They wanted to sell at or above perceived market value. There are seven home sellers for every buyer. Who in the hell are the bankers trying to fool?

Most likely themselves.

Instead of the Fed lobbying for education and refinacing from banks, they drop interest rates twice (which is good in some ways, but that's ALL they did). Instead of lobbying for state level education for home owners, the federal governemnt is handling the problem the way they have for decades. They spend tax dollars.

You are still knee deep in debt. But you'll be knee deep in debt, with a new television.

0 comments